Thursday, April 12, 2007

Cafe Rio's Sweet Pork Salad

I got this recipe from Hap.haz.ard today and had to try it. The only words that come to mind are "best meal I have ever made". I hope you will give it a shot, it's worth work that goes into it.

***
3-4 lbs pork roast (can substitute chicken)
1 cup brown sugar
3 cups salsa

Mix above ingredients in a crock pot and let cook for 10 hours on low.

Dressing:
1 packet of buttermilk ranch dressing
1 cup sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup buttermilk
Cilantro (1-2 bunches to taste)
1/2 cup salsa verde
Jalepeno pepper (use a little at first and determine level of spice you want)
2 medium cloves of garlic

Put all dressing ingredients in a blender and blend for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
** I halfed this recipe and it was still plenty for 4 people.

Trimmings for the Salad:- Tortillas- Black/Pinto beans- Guacamole- salsa- Rice (I use spanish rice with pinto beans)- Cheese- Sour cream- Tortilla strips (or crumbled chips).

To assemble- I heat a tortilla with cheese in a skillet on the stove (I just layed chips). Then move to a bowl or plate. Add rice, pork, lettuce, tortilla strips, sour cream, guacamole, and any other above trimmings listed.

1 comment:

Melony said...

The most delicious looking dinner I've seen in a while. Can't wait to try it. Good job Liz!