Thursday, July 12, 2007

Cherry, Cherry...


Cherries

My wonderful mom gave me a box full of incredibly juicy cherries not too long back. I took out my handy pitter and spent an evening covered in sticky sweetness. Excited at the prospect of frozen cherries at my disposal, I filled 3 1-gallon Ziploc freezer bags full. We eat them straight out of the bag. We make smoothies. We try out the sorbet, substituting cherries for strawberries. We are looking for a good cherry jam recipe, as the last one we used was a thumbs-down.
We love cherries, even the ones whose pits seem to remain despite our best efforts.
Do you have any good cherry recipes? Let us know.

2 comments:

Liz said...

great shot!

celticjig said...

Loads of cherry recipes at this site:

http://www.choosecherries.com/index.aspx

I recently blogged about them myself. I just picked up a couple of quarts of tarts this weekend. Found your blog when Book of Yum mentioned you on her blog.