Thursday, August 9, 2007

Chicken Noodle Soup

We had a chilly couple of days in the East Bay at the beginning of the week, so I was able to throw my whole chicken into the crock pot and make delicious soup!

GF Chicken Noodle Soup
whole chicken (cooked and shredded) or 4 cooked chicken breasts, cubed
4 cups water (add 2 cups chicken broth if you do not have stock from the crock pot)
4 GF chicken bullion cubes
GF elbow noodles (we only use half of the bag)
1 large onion, finely chopped
4 large carrots, chopped
2 zucchini, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
salt to taste
pepper to taste
parsley would be a nice addition, but I seem to never have that on hand!
Cook whole chicken in crock pot filled with water on low 6-8 hours. Strain the liquid into stock pot and chicken will fall off of the bones for you to easily remove and place into stock pot, cook on medium heat. Add all other ingredients and bring to a boil and until noodles are cooked, but not soggy*.
* I prefer to cook and keep the noodles separate so when I store leftovers (alone and dry) they do not fall apart and become as soggy.

1 comment:

Marci said...

Just made this over the weekend and loved it. I miss your recipes!!!