Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Baby Back Ribs


Pork Baby Back Ribs

1 package pork baby back ribs
1 bottle barbecue sauce (I use Baby Ray's Original)

Cut ribs into sections, about 2-3 ribs per section. Place in a large stockpot. Cover with water by a couple of inches. Add about 1 cup barbecue sauce to the pot. Bring to a boil and then simmer until tender, about 1-2 hours. Remove from pot while someone else fires up the grill. Place ribs on grill and slather with remaining barbecue sauce. Grill for about 10 minutes.
This is quite simply the easiest recipe ever. I've seen many rib recipes that require rubs or indirect grilling or other labor intensive requirements. I'm not a labor intensive kind of girl. You just boil and grill. Easy.
If, say, you don't have a grill, I'm sure you could baste them with barbecue sauce and stick them in the oven for a while to let the sauce caramelize. I've never tried it, but I'm assuming you would get similar results.
This one's for you Liz.

No comments: