Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Instant Food




I like to stock up the pantry during winter with quick food, especially for the busy nights I don't have time to cook a big meal.


1) Campbell's Chunky Chicken Broccoli Cheese soup is gluten-free.


2) My husband also loves Miso soup, but not all of them are gluten-free so check your labels well! It normally comes in a box with several packets (think Lipton packaging). The best we have found comes from Trader Joe's.


3) Stagg Chili (not my photo) is another good one to have on hand.


+++


We have some great recipes that have been sent in to us [thank you!], I am hoping to make some of them and post with photographs. If it gets too hectic I may post and add photos another time.
+++

I am looking for cookie/ candy/ treat recipes for this month so as a community we can share what we bake. What will you make to eat and share with your neighbors this holiday season? I can tell you Lindsey's caramel is amazing and gluten-free!


I have a superb sugar cookie and frosting recipe you will love to use. It should be up later this week.

1 comment:

tyandlinds said...

i can't wait to hear your sugar cookie recipe. this is my first gf christmas and i tried my regular recipe, but with rice flour, and it was bizarre. the cookies spread out all crazy, and then stuck to the pan. plus, they were really mealy. i was so dissapointed, so i look forward to it. ok, easy toffee recipe... 2 sticks of butter, 1 cup of sugar, and 2T of water. put it all in a pot over medium heat and stir constantly until it turns a light brown carmel color. then just pour onto foil on a baking sheet and let cool. then crack it into little pieces. i have put almonds on top and chocolate. yum, and so easy.