Friday, November 7, 2008

Pumpkin Muffins Gluten Free





Pumpkin Muffins

So I totally borrowed from this recipe. I tweaked it a little to make it gluten free and this is what I came up with.

2 eggs slightly beaten
2 3/4 cups sugar
3/4 cup oil
1 tablespoon oil, also
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
3 1/2 cups gluten free flour mix
1 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 tablespoon cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
3/4 teaspoon allspice
5 tablespoons rice flour
5 tablespoons sugar
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
3 tablespoons butter

Preheat the oven to 350.

Make the streusel topping by combining the 5 tbsp rice flour, 5 tbsp sugar, 3/4 tsp cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.

Mix together the eggs, sugar, all of the oil, and pumpkin in a large bowl.
Whisk the flour, xanthan gum, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and allspice in a different bowl.
Pour the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture. Stir just until combined. Pour into lined muffin pans. Sprinkle streusel over the tops.
Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until done. Let cool and serve.

I tried this recipe with both a flour mixture and all rice flour. It is best with a mixture of flours but the muffins I pictured used all rice flour. The difference between the two would be density, all rice flour is denser. Of course these are pumpkin muffins so they will be a little dense no matter what. And yes, that is a lot of sugar. But they are really good.

6 comments:

michelle said...

My celiac hubby loves a good coffee cake in the morning. Do you think this could be one too?

Dana Wax said...

those look absolutely amazing. I think thats more oil than I can handle, but a girl can dream... :)

Maureen "Hold The Gluten" said...

Oooh a streusal topping?! Sounds fantabulous :) I am obsessed with anything pumpkin -- this recipe sounds great!

Roya said...

I was wondering what you use for your gf flour mixture. My 5 yr old has Celiac, and I haven't made many breads except when I find mixes, because I haven't found a good all-purpose gf flour.

Tina J. said...

I'm BRAND NEW to gluten free and wondering what is "flour mix"? Would that be like a Pamela's?

Thanks.

Tina J.
doodle010101@gmail.com

شركة تنظيف said...


شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالاحساء
كشف تسربات المياه بالاحساء
شركة عزل خزنات بالاحساء
شركة عزل خزانات المياه بالاحساء
شركه عزل مائى بالاحساء


شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالجبيل
كشف تسربات المياه بالجبيل
شركة عزل اسطح بالجبيل
شركة عزل خزانات المياه بالجبيل
شركه عزل مائى بالجبيل