Friday, April 20, 2007

Easiest Pie Crust


Easiest Pie Crust

1 box Pamela's Pecan shortbread cookies
In blender, crush all 9 cookies. If you get chunks, use your fingers to break up. Pat into pie plate using a spoon or fingers. Bake for 10 minutes at 350. Fill and use instead of a graham cracker crust.
I buy these at my local grocer, Fry's for those wondering. I used to add 4 Tbsp melted margerine but found it unnecessary, as the cookies stick together pretty well. If you want a firmer crust, add 1 Tablespoon of melted butter at a time until you get the consistency you like. Pamela's gingersnaps and chocolate cookies also make good crusts. Pamela makes some very good products, including brownie mix and pancake mix, that we will be discussing later.

1 comment:

Liz said...

You have no idea how much I am looking forward to your dessert input on this blog! I want to cry tears of appreciation for the lack of time I want to put into trial and error in this dept.- so your shared experience is loved!!!

thank you.