Friday, April 20, 2007

Peanut Butter Noodles


I got this recipe from my friend, Lindsey, but I use gluten-free soy sauce and adjusted some details to my taste. Le Choy is a brand easily available at your grocery store, but I prefer the taste of Tamari. I usually find it at Whole Foods, Trader Joe's or Amazon.com).
Recipe:
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup soy sauce
ginger (few dashes)
garlic powder (few dashes)
1 tablespoon brown sugar
red pepper flakes (start with one dash and add more to your liking)
1 teaspoon rice vinegar
noodles, cooked
1/2 cup crushed peanuts, optional
1/4 cup chopped cucumber, optional
Directions:
Add above ingredients into sauce pan and cook on low-med heat until melted. Be careful not to overcook! Toss with cooked rice or brown rice noodles. I have also added cooked, shredded chicken to this and with additional soy sauce find it a nice, filling meal. I love it best served with crushed peanuts and chopped cucumber on top.
This is a tricky recipe for me, I burn things often. I recommend getting the sauce ingredients pulled together and set aside in the pan, but do not begin to heat it until the noodles are almost done.

1 comment:

Melony said...

This looks really good! I love peanuts on noodles, especially with chicken. Cool picture too!