Saturday, April 28, 2007

Kinnikinnick Sunflower and Flax Bread Mix

I received this mix as a gift and put off trying it. I shouldn't have. The Kinnikinnick brand consistenly makes awesome gluten free products, which I have started finding in my area health food stores, like Whole Foods and Sprouts. You can also order directly from their website.



This mix can be made into muffins or bread loaves. The finished product has a texture similar to regular whole grain bread. It's a little sweet, but so tasty. I like the fact that you don't have to use the whole package at once. It even has directions for just one bun. The only thing I don't love about the Kinnikinnick brand is the instructions. They are somewhat vague. And the cooking time is not nearly as long as it instructs. Check out their website for directions that are a little more in depth.
All in all, I highly recommend this bread mix, especially for those in dire need of a bread product that actually tastes like real bread.
The top picture is from their website, here.

1 comment:

liz said...

I can't believe how light and fluffy it looks! It looks like angel foodcake fluffy- I am sold.

great photo. you are so getting pro!