Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Potato-Crusted Chicken


Potato-Crusted Chicken

4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 envelope dry Italian or Ranch dressing, or 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 cup instant potato flakes
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup melted butter or margarine

Heat oven to 350. Wash and pat dry chicken. Mix ranch dressing and potato flakes in shallow dish. Mix eggs and milk in another shallow dish. Pour melted butter into a third shallow dish. Take chicken and dip in egg mixture, then potato mixture, then dip in melted butter. Roll in potato mixture once more and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear.

The potato crust gets crisp on the outside and mashed potatoey underneath. It keeps the chicken moist and was a winner with my dearest husband.

The last I checked, there are some dry packets of dressing mixes that are gluten free. However, always read the labels! And if you're still not sure, call the company. And if you're still not sure, use parmesan cheese.

6 comments:

liz said...

I keep wanting to try all your recipes, which makes posting a challange for me cos all my *new* ones are yours! I love this- this looks so good, brilliant idea with potato flakes. I never would have thought of that.

Janice said...

Looks wonderful!

Kris said...

This looks so good. I'm glad that you have this site. It's great dinner ideas for me, plus I love how it's gluten free, but I know that my whole family will eat too it. Thanks and keep it up!

Melony said...

Janice-Thanks!
Krisnkrew-I'm glad you like it!

Shelly! said...

Hi Liz and Melony!

Well our family officially started GF living!

I've started by tweaking my 'usual' recipes - but last night I made this and it was a huge hit!

I'm gonna be using your stuff a lot!

Thanks again!

me said...

mmmm... sooo gooood.