Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Gluten Free Chili




Quick Yummy Chili

1 1/2 lbs ground beef or ground turkey
1 package Carroll Shelby's Chili seasoning (it's in a little brown paper sack)
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
1 (8 oz) can filled with water
1 (10 oz) can Rotel diced tomatoes and chiles
1 (15 oz) can pinto beans

In a large skillet, brown ground beef. Drain fat. Add tomato sauce, water, Rotel, beans, and chili seasonings, except masa and cayenne pepper. Heat and stir. If desired, mix masa with 1/4 cup water and add to chili to thicken. Add the cayenne only if you like your chili very spicy. Serve with sour cream, cheese, and chopped green onions.

I seem to be a fan of seasoning packets, but it's because they are so easy. I love this little package of chili seasonings. It is the way chili was meant to taste. I emailed their rep to make sure of the gluten free status, it is. I find it at the local grocery store, but you can also order it online.
I love adding tomatoes and beans to my chili, and sometimes I also saute peppers and mushrooms with the ground beef. The chunkier, the better.

3 comments:

J A Dunham said...

Thanks for your chili recipe. I just tried it and it turned out yummy. I'm making for a friend's baby shower and she has celiac as well.

beukelman2 said...

How much masa do you mix with the 1/4 cup of water?

bathmate said...

I like it very much.

Bathmate