Monday, June 11, 2007

Grilled Chicken Salad


Grilled Chicken Salad

Boneless skinless chicken breasts
Homemade balsamic vinaigrette (I use Good Seasons packet and mix with olive oil and balsamic vinegar)
Salad fixings: iceberg and romaine lettuce, chopped red bell pepper, chopped celery, sliced red onion, sliced Roma tomatoes, chunks of sharp cheddar cheese, mandarin oranges, halved red grapes, sweet snow peas

Marinate your chicken in half of the Italian dressing for a few hours. Grill over low flame until done, about 10 minutes. Serve atop salad fixings, with dressing on the side.

This is my favorite summer meal. It is easy, cool, and quick to the table when I've had a long day at the pool. Plus, I don't have to heat up the house to make it. The sweetness of the fruit balances well with a balsamic vinaigrette, and my kids love it.

1 comment:

liz said...

mmmmmmmmmmm I would have loved this for dinner tonight.

these are all 3 great photos in a row- nice work!