Thursday, June 28, 2007

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies

Gluten-Free White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies


Be sure to check the bag of white chocolate chips to make sure they are gluten-free (the brand Ghirardelli is not GF, unfortunately).


Ingredients:

1 cup butter, softened (I use half margarine and half butter)
1 & 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 & 1/2 tsp GF vanilla
2 eggs
3 cups white rice flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 cups (11oz bag) GF white chocolate chips
1 & 1/2 cups Macadamia nuts, chopped (I only use 1/2 cup, but would still be great with none!)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars until fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, and beat well. Blend in flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in white chips and nuts. Drop by teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes.


The trick to these is removing them just as they barely start to brown on top, but do the toothpick check before removing to make sure they are fully cooked. It took my oven 12 minutes exactly. They are the most delicious gf baked good I have ever made, taste like normal, soft and fluffy cookies.

11 comments:

Melony said...

I can't wait to try these!

Mumsy said...

YUM. Those look so good.

Ellen! said...

They were delicious! Thanks for the recipe!

Colleen and Ben said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Colleen and Ben said...

Can't wait to try them! They look great!

Unknown said...

Can you tell me which white chocolate chips brands are GF free?

Thanks!

Unknown said...

My cookies smooshed. Can you tell me what I did wrong? :(

DrLeonesse said...

OMG! These are wonderful! I got a little more than five (5) dozen from this recipe. Oh, yum! Thanks for posting these. They will be a regular at my house.

DrLeonesse said...

OMG! These are wonderful! I got a little more than five (5) dozen from this recipe. Oh, yum! Thanks for posting these. They will be a regular at my house.

Dawn said...

White chocolate macadamia nut cookies are my ultimate favorite and I was so hopeful with this recipe. Mine looked great but were under cooked, but when cooked fully they spread out to flat crackers. They also fell apart when trying to remove them from the baking sheets.

Anonymous said...

This is delicious! I replaced half the butter with 1/2 cup ripe banana, reduced the brown and white sugars to 2/3 cup each and these still came on the sweeter side. Next time I am thinking about adding orange extract or lemon zest. Thank you so much for sharing!