Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Tortilla Beef Caserole

Thanks, Marci in Texas, for sending the recipe and photos in. The books looks like a wonderful kitchen helper, I will keep my eye out for it.

Tortilla Beef Casserole

1 package (about 17 oz.) refrigerated fully cooked beef pot roast
(or 1 can roast beef – the canned chicken beef at Costco are my best friends!)
1 jar (16 oz.) salsa
6 corn tortillas, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 ½ cups canned or frozen corn kernels
1 cup canned black beans or pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend

1.Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spry.
2.Drain and discard gravy from pot roast;cut or shred beef into bite-size pieces.
3.Combine beef, salsa, tortillas, corn and beans in large bowl; mix well. Transfer to prepared casserole dish. Bake 20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted.

---

Marci tells us: I found this recipe in a new cookbook I bought at Costco, One Dish. This is my second week with the book and I LOVE it! It was only $10 and has tons of easy recipes that are either gluten-free or easily made gluten-free. We had this tortilla casserole tonight and thought it was super delicious and easy to make!

1 comment:

Lea Ray said...

That sounds really good and easy. I will have to try it. Thanks