It's best to set up your stations like this:
1) raw, uncooked chicken wings next to the stove
2) Fry pan with crisco (melted about 1/2 inch deep) and a mesh cover to shield the grease (got mine at Target)
3) Large pot with hot sauce mix*
4) Crock pot on low for finished product
I had the grease on medium heat, filled it with wings and cooked them until they were golden brown. Gave them a dunk in the hot sauce mixture and then they are ready to eat. Don't forget to have fresh trimmed carrot and celery sticks with ranch for dipping and cooling off your mouth. It's an easy process, but takes a bit of time if you want to make a lot. Start well before meal time and store them in the crock pot until everyone is ready to eat.
* You can use all sorts of hot sauce mixes. I used Durkee growing up, but was only able to find a random hot wing sauce bottle from Louisianna as a nice replacement. I added about 1/4 cup of Red Hot, 1/2 stick of butter, and 10 dashes of tobasco. Keep it on low.