Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Caramel Popcorn

I got this recipe from my my friend, Laura.

Gluten-Free Caramel Popcorn

1 can sweetened, condensed milk
1 stick butter
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup white Karo Syrup*
2 (or 3) bags of popped popcorn (calls for plain, but I use buttered)

Set aside popped popcorn to cool. Bring remaining ingredients to a hard boil and remove from heat. Cover and stand for 3 minutes. Pour over popcorn and stir until covered.

NOTE: Do not pour it all in at once, do a little at a time and stir until desired consistency. You can make popcorn balls with this recipe, but we eat them hot with spoons right out of the mixing bowl.
*update: the vanilla in the Karo Syrup is PURE, so it is gluten-free!

5 comments:

Melony said...

Oh my, Liz. Did you know that I LOVE caramel popcorn? My mouth waters in anticipation of making this. I've never even thought to use sweetened condensed milk. Brilliant!

Liz said...

FYI- the karo syrup has vanilla, so I need to call the company and talk to them about that. oops. should I take the post down?

Lindsey said...

I love this recipe! It pleases any crowd. I'm so glad you posted it. I still remember the first time you made it for me....

Adi said...

Oes Tsetnoc one of the ways in which we can learn seo besides Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa. By participating in the Oes Tsetnoc or Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa we can improve our seo skills. To find more information about Oest Tsetnoc please visit my Oes Tsetnoc pages. And to find more information about Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa please visit my Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa pages. Thank you So much.
Oes Tsetnoc | Semangat Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa

cattleboyz said...

wow its look so good. i like this popcorn i want this product. an oer website is same services please visit here barbecue sauce