Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Caramel Popcorn

I got this recipe from my my friend, Laura.

Gluten-Free Caramel Popcorn

1 can sweetened, condensed milk
1 stick butter
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup white Karo Syrup*
2 (or 3) bags of popped popcorn (calls for plain, but I use buttered)

Set aside popped popcorn to cool. Bring remaining ingredients to a hard boil and remove from heat. Cover and stand for 3 minutes. Pour over popcorn and stir until covered.

NOTE: Do not pour it all in at once, do a little at a time and stir until desired consistency. You can make popcorn balls with this recipe, but we eat them hot with spoons right out of the mixing bowl.
*update: the vanilla in the Karo Syrup is PURE, so it is gluten-free!

4 comments:

Melony said...

Oh my, Liz. Did you know that I LOVE caramel popcorn? My mouth waters in anticipation of making this. I've never even thought to use sweetened condensed milk. Brilliant!

Liz said...

FYI- the karo syrup has vanilla, so I need to call the company and talk to them about that. oops. should I take the post down?

Mumsy said...

I love this recipe! It pleases any crowd. I'm so glad you posted it. I still remember the first time you made it for me....

cattleboyz said...

wow its look so good. i like this popcorn i want this product. an oer website is same services please visit here barbecue sauce