Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Chicken Gravy

My husband makes this amazing gravy that is great over chicken, rice, or potatoes.

Chicken Gravy

1 stick butter (not margarine)
salt
pepper
garlic powder
GF flour
heavy cream or whole milk
chicken drippings or chicken bullion

Melt butter over medium heat
Add salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
Slowly add GF flour and whisk until a buttery paste forms
Slowly mix in heavy cream or whole milk and whisk
Wait until the gravy begins to bubble before adding more cream/milk
Repeat until you have the desired consistency
Add as much drippings as you'd like. Who am I kidding. This is butter and heavy cream. Add lots of drippings.
Whisk and serve.

It's good to keep the gravy that isn't on the table over a low heat because you will need to refill the gravy boat.

3 comments:

Laura said...

mmmmm! I'm using this one soooon!
Those pictures are so delicious!

Melony said...

I loved when he posted about it on his blog. "Now Liz desires it above all other things. All. Other. Things." I can't wait to try it. Read what he said. www.vtol.blogspot.com/2007/03/gravy.html

Anonymous said...

I am hungry now, I am thinking we have to have something with gravy for dinner tonight. I am really anxious to actually taste it when it is made my the master himself!