Friday, May 25, 2007

Peanut Butter Dessert


Gluten Free Peanut Butter Dessert

3/4 cup cookie crumbs (I used 4 of Pamela's Shortbread Cookies)
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 (8 oz) tub whipped topping
1 (4 oz) package instant chocolate pudding
2 cups milk

Spread cookie crumbs in the bottom of an 8x8 pan. Beat cream cheese and peanut butter. Add sugar and mix. Gently fold in whipped topping. Spoon over the cookie crumbs. Whisk pudding and milk until it begins to thicken. Pour over peanut butter filling. Chill until set, about 1-2 hours.

I have been craving a peanut butter pie for a while now, and this dessert satisfied that desire. The filling is not too sweet, with a subtle peanut buttery taste. While this is not as decadent as some other recipes I came across, it's simple, uses normal ingredients, and tastes yummy.
You could use crushed Peanut Butter Panda Puffs instead of the cookies, or you could omit the cookies altogether and make it into parfaits.

3 comments:

Liz said...

Melanie- this looks so good, thanks for posting it. Mike will be a big fan of this one!

Melony said...

Liz-I hate to admit it, but I ate the whole pan by myself in a little over a day. Once you start, it's hard to stop.
It has protein, dairy, and grains, so it counts as a complete meal, right?

Liz said...

you seriously need to cool it on desserts or I am going to have a hard time losing my pregnancy weight! ;-) I have eaten half of the cream cheese pie myself.